Unique Homecare Services understand that with our Holisitc Model of Care its important we understand promoting Wellbeing for our clients . Often clients used to have dogs but now miss them in their lives as they are unable to look after them anymore . We provide a free pet therpay session on a monthly basis to our clients should they want , giving them the opportunity to spend time with Julie and her dog in their home environment . Unique ensures all risk assesments are carried our and are fully insured
What are the benefits of pet therapy?
Pet therapy builds on the pre-existing human-animal bond. Interacting with a friendly pet can help many physical and mental issues. It can help reduce blood pressure and improve overall cardiovascular health. It can also release endorphins that produce a calming effect. This can help alleviate pain, reduce stress, and improve your overall psychological state.
Pet therapy can be used in many different ways. Defined objectives are an important part of therapy, and your progress will be recorded and tracked at structured sessions.
The goals of a pet therapy program can include:
- improving motor skills and joint movement
- improving assisted or independent movement
- increasing self-esteem
- increasing verbal communication
- developing social skills
- increasing willingness to join in activities
- improving interactions with others
- motivating willingness to exercise
Other benefits of pet therapy include:
- making you happier, lessening depression, and improving your outlook on life
- decreasing loneliness and isolation by giving you a companion
- reducing boredom
- reducing anxiety because of its calming effects